Strawberry Spinach GG Salad
• 1-1/2 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
• 1 cup of strawberries, sliced
• 1 tablespoon finely-chopped shallot
• about 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup finely-chopped red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup grated parmesian cheese
• 1/2 cup of GG Sprinkles, or 5 GG crackers, crushed in the food processor
On two salad plates, arrange the spinach. Arrange the strawberry slices over the spinach. Sprinkle the GG Sprinkles, shallots and red pepper over the strawberries. Sprinkle each salad with about 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the parmesian cheese over the salads. Serve immediately.
*This salad is also excellent served with grilled or sauteed boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped fine and sprinkled over the top of the salad.
This entry was posted on Friday, February 25th, 2011 at 9:23 pm and is filed under Featured Recipes, GG Bran Recipes, Soup / Salad, Vegetarian. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.