Tastes Like Fried Chicken
My wife found this recipe on her new favorite website Skinny and the City (www.skinnyandthecity.com)
If you ever crave items from the kids’ menu when you eat out, mac ‘n cheese, French fries, chicken fingers, I can help you out — at least with the last one. I’ve created my own crispy baked version that will bust up your cravings. I use chicken breast for the recipe, but you can make it with wings just as well. The secret ingredient is an uber-helpful new product: GG Bran Sprinkles. They look like breadcrumbs but are made from bran, which is low in calories and high in fiber. A 3-tablespoon serving contains 5 grams of dietary fiber (20% of recommended daily need) and has just 12 calories. Regular breadcrumbs usually have 80 calories and 0 grams of fiber. So eat up: It’s finger-lickin’ good — and good for you.
- 4 6-ounce chicken breasts (or wings)
- ¾ cup GG Bran Sprinkles
- 4 tablespoons low fat mayo*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder, 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (all optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Brush chicken breasts with low fat mayo to coat. *You can also use mustard or egg whites to coat the chicken if you prefer.
- Place bran sprinkles in a bowl.
- Mix the salt and pepper with the optional ingredients (garlic powder, onion powder, and sesame seeds) into the bran sprinkles to season them.
- Dip the chicken into the bran, covering both sides.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and coating looks crispy.
Per serving (1 6-ounce chicken breast): 240 calories, 6.5 g fat, .5 g of saturated fat, 7.5 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 39 g protein
Thank you to www.SkinnyandtheCity.com for a great recipe
This entry was posted on Thursday, March 12th, 2009 at 8:01 pm and is filed under GG Bran Recipes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.