Turkey Day Salad
- 4 granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and sliced into bite-sized pieces, tossed w/ a tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 3/4 cup of walnuts (spiced w/ cinnamon and nutmeg and baked for just a few minutes in the oven on a cookie sheet at 325 to toast)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 2 tabelspoons of dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup of GG Sprinkles
- 1 head of well chopped Romaine Lettuce (you may add other types of your favorite lettuces, such at butter or endive)
With a wire whisk, blend the yogurt and dijon mustard and set aside in a large bowl. Add the apples, celery, cranberries and pepper to the bowl and toss. Add the lettuce and gently toss the salad once more. Just before serving, add the GG Sprinkles as a welcome crunch to your salad.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 17th, 2009 at 3:29 pm and is filed under GG Bran Recipes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.